Books I'd Read All Over Again

9:18 PM


Wow. I spent a good thirty minutes making a post banner just to end up not using it for this post. OK. SO, last night I kept thinking about some books I read that I'd want to read again if I only had that precious little thing called time. If you know me personally, you'd know how I love reading books. It doesn't matter if it's a cheesy chick-lit or a murder case-solving thriller, I read them all. And if you're like me, you would probably know how it feels to read a fresh new book everytime you finish one. But you would also know how it feels to have that longing to reread, reimagine, and rediscover a book you once read before.


A little history of how I became a bookworm:
When I was young (like, elementary young), I was NEVER a fan of reading and books. The school I went to had this requirement to borrow at least 10 books from the library for the whole academic year, and just to accomplish this requirement, I would borrow books but I'd never read them. One time, I borrowed a book and I really didn't care what it was all about, I just picked something up from the shelf. When I handed it to the librarian to check it out, she looked at me like I had something disgusting on my face. It turns out, the book I borrowed was something you would read to a toddler, and not something an elementary student would read! Lol. From then on, I picked books more carefully but I still don't read them. One day in fourth grade, I saw a classmate of mine reading a Barbie novel (a legit small hardcover book). I borrowed it from her although I'm not sure if I ever read it or just scanned through it and stopped at pages with drawings. And like the Barbie fan that I was back then, I asked my mom to buy me one. And that was probably the first book I ever read in my entire life. After that, I found a website for kids where you can read a book online. I started reading Camp Confidential and when I was done with it, I was proud of myself because I finished reading a book that didn't have any drawings in it. But after that, I didn't really continue on reading until the sixth grade when my best friend then influenced me that reading was fun. And indeed, it was. I started borrowing Sweet Valley Twins books and Nancy Drew books and I got hooked. From then on, I never worried about the yearly library requirement anymore because I was already always borrowing one after another and I expanded my genre. I started reading Sweet Valley High and Mary Higgins Clark in high school and eventually started Harry Potter in my senior year of high school. And that's pretty much how I got hooked on reading books, mostly novels/fiction.

Anyway, going back to the main topic, here are the books I would want to read all over again if I had the time.


1) Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
If it isn't obvious yet, I LOVE this book! Well, I love the whole series of this book! I have to admit that I wasn't a fan when this came out because I was still a child and I didn't like to read then. Our mom bought the set of the book series (when there were still four of them) when we were still young and did not appreciate reading books. And now, I'm so thankful she bought the books because it was the most fun book series I ever read. I finished the series in 2012 and since then, I really wanted to read the whole series of books all over again.



2) Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
Truly, one of the best books I've read. You can pick up a lot of lessons from every page, like it never runs out of quotable quotes. I remember when I finished this book and I couldn't help but think that if the world would just take a few hours and read this book, it would really touch their lives like it did to me, and if they would just take all the lessons by heart, the world wouldn't be as complicated and as toxic and as crazy as it is right now. I can't stress enough how beautiful this book is, and I am thankful I found this sitting on my father's shelf of old books, and thankful I got to read it. If you haven't read this precious gem, ya'll should. If it won't change your life, it'll at least change your view on life. And yes, I would love to read this again.



3) Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
I don't know how this book only got a rating of 3.59 stars on goodreads. To me, this is one of the best YA novels out there. It's a perfect mystery about two sisters coping up with their lives after a near-death experience together. Their relationship wasn't the same again after that. This book got me so hooked I couldn't stop reading it! Lauren Oliver is one of my favorite authors, and she wrote this beautiful masterpiece that I really want to read all over again, and when I do I'm pretty sure it'll still give me the same feeling of thrill and mystery all over again. 




4) Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
This book is definitely my favorite Sophie Kinsella novel. I have to admit one of the reasons I bought this book was because I instantly fell in love with the cover. But the beautiful story made me fall in love with it more. It's a very fun and adventurous chick-lit book, definitely a Sophie Kinsella classic. And just like the books already mentioned before this, I want to read this book again. Unfortunately, I don't know where this book went. I think someone borrowed it from me and she never really returned it. It's really sad. Yes, I know there'll be a free epub format of this for sure, but this is one of my loved books and I'm just so sad I lost it.





5) All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
This book is beautiful. I think this is Niven's debut novel, and when I finished it, I already want to read another of Niven's books. I love it even though it broke my heart. It's also one of the best YA novels along with John Green books, and Rainbow Rowell books.I definitely want to read this again.








I have already presented you five books, but it doesn't end there. Here are more of the books I've already read in the past that I want to read again...

6) Landline by Rainbow Rowell
7) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
8) Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
9) It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover (my first colleen hoover book!)
10) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
11) Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (heartbreaker, but still want to read this again)
12) Sweet Valley High books (do they still exist? I really want to reread them!)
13) Nancy Drew books

So, now that I've listed most of the books I really want to read again, I hope it also showed the books I love most. And I hope that this also gives you an idea about how good the book really is, and I hope you read them if you haven't already. Thanks for reading this post all the way to here. LOL.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Social Media

Facebook: Julia Louisa
Twitter: @louisaluvs
Instagram: @louisaluvs
Snapchat: jolyalowesa

Subscribe